building brand awareness: sponsoring event & influencers
If you’re a digital marketer or a business owner and you want to increase your brand’s engagement but you have already utilized various strategies to build your brand’s awareness like improving your content marketing, social media advertising, and even implemented newsletters for your website and still it seems like it’s lacking, then you should also consider sponsoring event and influencers.
In the peak of the digital age, most of your potential customers can be found online but of course, there are numerous competitions in every industry today. So, how do you stand out? You should meet be where your potential customers are — like the events they attend or watch from their portable devices.
Now, you must understand that strong marketing uses sponsorship and utilizes an event marketing plan to its maximum potential — from building brand awareness to tactical follow-up steps with event attendees. Sponsoring events and influencers is another excellent way to build brand awareness and to understand this more, let’s discuss it further.
Here are some of the ways event and influencer marketing help build your brand awareness:
1. Sponsoring events and influencers to build and increase brand awareness
One of the topmost reasons for sponsoring events and influencers is to increase your brand’s exposure to an audience that probably doesn’t hear or know about your company yet. However, it is crucial to know about the event before signing up for anything — this goes the same with sponsoring an influencer too. Here are some important questions you need to ask yourself first:
- Would there be an opportunity for your brand’s logo near the stage or give it a focal point so it would get better exposure?
- Will your brand get an on-stage mention?
- Will there be an area for you to place and display your products?
- Does the influencer have a good reputation?
- Is the influencer an excellent person to represent your brand?
- What type of people will be attending the event or the audience following the influencer? Can these people resonate with your brand?
2. Sponsoring events to help you meet potential customers
If one of your business goals is to generate new leads and sales from sponsoring an event, then a solid plan is what you need. You should consider creating a plan that includes these:
- You should negotiate access to an attendee list into your sponsorship
- Researching ahead of time is important before the date of the event, have the answers to these questions:
- Who is attending the event?
- Why would these attendees care about your brand?
- What are the common interests your brand and the attendees have?
- Who else is sponsoring the event, do you have a competition there?
- Meet up with your sales team and outline the number of attendees they should connect with.
3. Use influencer marketing to help build your brand’s awareness
Influencers are effective and popular, especially on Instagram because they are considered trusted gatekeepers of their community and whenever they recommend a product or service, it comes out more credible and authentic to their followers.
Here are some important questions you need to ask yourself before sponsoring an influencer:
- What is your goal?
- Is that influencer the right person for your brand?
- How can you utilize and optimize your goals with the influencer’s content?
- How much will it cost to sponsor the influencer?
- How will you measure the success of your partnership?
4. The advantage of long-term influencer sponsorships
If you know that the influencer you’re collaborating with can deliver the return of investment (ROI) your business needs, sponsoring them for six months to one year — promoting your products or services on a given time frame gives your business and an extremely huge advantage.
Building a long-term relationship is the key to increasing brand awareness within your target customers and in driving steady sales in the long term because it helps create trust and authenticity to your brand with their endorsements.
These are just some of the few reasons why sponsoring events and influencers are important for building brand awareness for your business. So, the next time you need to get in front of new prospects, considering these ways can help you decide which events or influencers to collaborate with.
For more information about building your brand awareness through sponsoring events and influencers, download our Brand Identity ebook.
Are you looking for help in building your brand awareness through sponsoring events and influencers? Talk to one of our online branding specialists now!
March 12, 2020
building brand awareness: providing value
February 27, 2020
measuring & maintaining brand awareness
February 11, 2020